We are community.
Our Vision, Mission and Values are at the heart and soul of DRD. We are committed to serving our residents by providing quality programs, services and facilities that promote an active, healthy lifestyle for all.
The Desert Recreation District maintains quality park and recreation facilities; programs and services; and facilitates leisure opportunities so all residents will receive:
Personal Benefits in the form of physical fitness, enrichment, relaxation and revitalization;
Social Benefits in the form of stronger and healthier families; ethnic and cultural harmony; reduced anti-social behavior; and enriched lives for persons with disabilities;
Economic Benefits in the form of more productive and healthier citizens; increased tourism; and contributions to the quality of life sought by business and industry.
Through a community collaborative approach, DRD will provide quality, barrier-free and safe recreational activities that contribute to the overall wellness of the citizens of the Coachella Valley; encourage healthy lifestyles and positive out-of-school activities; and facilitate, coordinate and plan for recreation facilities and trails.
community assessment of drd's value
- DRD provides a sense of connection that adds to the livability and desirability of a community.
- DRD celebrates our richly diverse community fabric.
- DRD encourages an appreciation for nature and environmental stewardship.
- DRD provides opportunities for the community to give back through volunteering, donating and advocating.
- DRD enhances family unity, helps develop skills and creates memories.
- DRD contributes to the local economy, helps to maintain healthy and productive workforces and helps attract and retain businesses.
- DRD fosters healthy lifestyles that build self-esteem and reduce stress.
- DRD leverages available resources through collaborations, partnerships and agreements with communities, businesses and vendors.
- DRD provides positive and healthy alternatives for youth.
We have a plan for moving forward. Find out how the DRD will achieve its most ambitious goals and objectives over the next three to five years.
DRD Community Partners
For more information on DRD, Contact us.