WHOOPS, SOMETHING WENT WRONG
We help keep the fun going.
The Desert Recreation Foundation works behind the scenes to ensure that all residents in the Coachella Valley have access to quality recreational resources, facilities, parks and programs that serve today's needs and those for generations to come.
Our Vision is to establish a permanent charitable endowment that will provide sustainable, self-perpetuating resources, primarily for Desert Recreation District's park and recreation system. As The Foundation expands upon its strategic plan, we will strive to remain a valued and effective community resource, through leadership in capital planning to help fund new infrastructures, the purchase and development of land for new parks and creating new programs that serve the changing needs of residents.
Our mission is to enrich and preserve the quality of life for residents. We do this by raising funds and garnering support to purchase, develop, enhance, preserve, promote and expand the Coachella Valley's recreational activities, programs, parks, properties and facilities.
What We Do
Operating as an independent 501(c)3 non-profit organization, The Desert Recreation Foundation:
- Generates funds through corporate and individual gifts and grants
- Leads the fundraising efforts to support Desert Recreation Scholarship Fund, which provide financial assistance to families and individuals in the community who may otherwise be unable to participate in recreational activities
- Assists with the purchase of new park lands through fundraising, donations, legacy gifts and endowments
- Purchases equipment and other items for the District's parks and facilities
How You Can Help
Do you have a special area of philanthropic interest? Perhaps it comes from a childhood experience, such as Gymnastics, Cycling or Equestrian riding. Or you may want to support disadvantaged children in need of safe, after school programs. You can even serve as a benefactor for a new DRD park or facility.
There are a number of ways you can provide financial support through The Desert Recreation Foundation. Click here to see the a few way's to make a difference;
- Adopt-A-Park — Individuals and businesses can provide hands-on supervision of a DRD park, sharing in the maintenance costs and overhead, providing resources and coordinating volunteers. Your organization will be recognized with branded on-site signage and mentioned in various DRD promotional vehicles
- Land procurement — Help procure land and provide funds or financing to develop new parks
- Capital investment — Assist in the funding of new community recreation facilities and the enhancement of existing ones
- Trips for Kids — Donate funds or bicycles to support at-risk youth who get the opportunity to experience a healthy activity, while broadening their perspectives and exploring new areas on their bicycles.
- The First Tee of the Coachella Valley — Support this respected year-round program that teaches young people the game of golf while instilling nine core life lessons.
- LPGA/USGA Girls Golf Program — Were you exposed to golf as a child and want to share it with other girls? The LPGA*USGA Girls Golf program provides you with an opportunity to teach girls between the ages of 7 and 17 years the game of golf.
- Palm Desert International Sports Festival — Show your support for this major DRD annual sporting event, showcasing athletes 35+ up to Seniors of all ages and abilities.
- Marcy Hyman Scholarship Program — Help keep kids safe and occupied after school, by donating to a special financial assistance program for traditional after school care.
- Volunteer — The Foundation is always appreciative of time donated to help at any number of sponsored events. Volunteering is a great way to become more involved with the fun side of our communities and residents.
Thank you for considering a financial gift to help support Desert Recreation Foundation.
Your generosity will help us ensure that all residents in the Coachella Valley
have barrier-free access to quality recreational resources, facilities,
parks and programs.
DONATING ONLINE IS FAST, SIMPLE, AND SECURE
SAMPLE DONATION AMOUNTS AND WHAT THEY MAY COVER:
- $30 covers the fee for an 8-week session in our LPGA*USGA Girls Golf program
- $50 covers several days of camp for kids during Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall school breaks
- $100 covers the fee for a special needs individual to attend a full SNOW DAY program in Big Bear
Meet the Board
Email Brandt Kuhn
Ernesto C. Rosales
Email Ernesto C. Rosales
JOHN HENRY GARCIA
Email John Henry Garcia
Email Jason Schneider
Email Sergio Gutierrez
Email Benjamin Guitron
Email Silvia Paz
Want to be part of Coachella Valley's exciting future? The Foundation is currently seeking new Board members who want to become actively involved in the community, who are interested in fundraising to enhance recreational opportunities and who are dedicated to enriching the lives of residents.
The Desert Recreation Foundation Board of Directors meets the last Tuesday of every other month.
BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE
DESERT RECREATION FOUNDATION FISCAL YEAR
DRD works closely with the communities that we serve to reduce program and activities fees for residents who cannot afford to participate.
The DRD Financial Assistance Program is made possible through the Desert Recreation Foundation. Our goal is for no child or adult to be left out of the recreational, sports and out-of-school activities we offer because of limited income.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED
Would you like to contribute to the DRD Financial Assistance Program?
If you would like to make a donation to the DRD Financial Assistance Program and help others participate in DRD programs, please contact the Desert Recreation Foundation at (760) 347-3484.
BOARD MEETING SCHEDULE